Upcoming 2021 - 2022:
GAMWS Lecture Series - "Perspectives on Creativity" (all times 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Merced County Public Library)
- October 6: Dr. Arnold Kim, Professor of Applied Math, "Math is Supposed to Be Beautiful"
- October 27: Dr. Gilberto Lopez, Assistant Professor of Public Health, Arizona State University, "Combatting Vaccine Misinformation through Art"
- November 10: Dr. Kim McMillon, "Inclusivity and the Black Arts Movement"
- February 9: Dr. Chris Amemiya, Professor of Developmental Biology, "Music to Creativity in Biological Thought"
- March 9: Dr. Tea Lempiala, Assistant Professor of Management of Innovation, Sustainability, and Technology (MIST), "Empowering Creativity and Innovation in Work Organizations"
- April 13: Yiran Xu, Assistant Professor, Writing Studies, "Internet Censorship and Language Creativity"
- May 11: Dr. David Torres-Rouff, Associate Professor of History with Madalyn Lara, "Emerging from the Rubble: Creatively Remembering Merced’s 'Lost' Chinatown"
- September 9: Dr. Yehuda Sharim, Assistant Professor, Global Arts Studies Program at the Multicultural Arts Center, 7pm
- October 29: Lalo Alcaraz (Political Cartoonist, Film Writer)
- December 9: GAMWS Fall Showcase 6-9pm, UC Merced Campus
- February 21-25: Arts Week, UC Merced Campus
- February 26 [tentative]: Collaboratorium 9am-5pm, UC Merced Campus
- April 30: Faculty Concert featuring Michelle Allison at the MOAT, Applegate Park
- May 5: GAMWS Spring Showcase, 6-9pm, UC Merced Campus
- May 6 [tentative]: Andrew Carroll Event, If All the Sky Were Paper
- May 8 [tentative]: Andrew Carroll Event, If All the Sky Were Paper
February 20: Suddenrush
- March 7: Collaboratorium
March 2 – March 7: Arts Week
March 5: LECTURE - “Valley Roots” Dawn Trook, Continuing Lecturer, Karen Merritt Writing Program
March 7: The Qadim Ensemble
February 15: Antonio Sanchez & Migration
February 6: "The Creative Process: the art of Engineering and the engineering of Art" Christopher Viney, Professor, School of Engineering
January 17: Merced Symphony Association Pops Concert: Jazz and More!
- December 12: GAMWS Showcase
- November 23: Swing Dance Party
- November 22: Latin Dance Party
- November 7: LECTURE -"Framing New Narratives About Gen Z to Foster Student Resilience." Eileen Camfield, Professor/Senior Lecturer with Security of Employment and Faculty Associate for Writing and Pedagogy, Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning
- November 2: Día de los Muertos Exhibition and Reception
- November 1: Global Arts in Concert: UC Merced Music Faculty and Guests Performance
- October 3: LECTURE "Absence of the Indo-Islamic Monument: Cinema & National Identity in a time of Partition" Aditi Chandra, Assistant Professor of Art History/Visual Studies
May 18 – May 22: School Performance –Children’s Opera: How to be a Superhero
May 7: GAMWS Showcase
May 5: LECTURE - "José Vasconcelos, Mexican Muralism, and the Philosophy of Culture"Clinton Tolley, Associate Professor. UCSD Department of Philosophy (UCSD)
April 24 – April 25: Shakespeare in Yosemite
April 11: Merced Symphony Association Season Finale: Beethoven’s Ninth
April 2: LECTURE - "Beyond the Classroom: Cultivating Creativity and Innovation Through Visual Arts Teaching" Tonya Lopez-Craig, Lecturer